The whole family recently took a cross country road trip. And here are a few observations after spending 4 days in a car with Mrs. Haff and a 2 year old.
1. God bless the person who invented the in-car entertainment systems. I honestly don’t know how people managed to not strangle their kids without these.
2. God condemn the inventor of the in-car entertainment system. Kids love to watch the same thing over and over and over and over again. If I had to hear the theme song to Dora The Explorer any more, I might have driven the car off the road.
3. There is no rhyme or reason to the deer crossing signs. Really, when you’re driving across the western United States, every deer crossing sign should really just say “Watch for deer from now til the border”.
4. New Mexico is really, really pretty.
5. If the road kill evidence was any indication, the auto body repair industry is not suffering a big down turn in the current economy.
6. When you kid gets sick and has to take a steroid while being confined in a vehicle, the term “bouncing off the walls” is no longer just an expression.
7. I am proposing a new, mandatory, nation-wide zoning ordinance. Any sewage treatment facility built close to a major highway must have a Febreeze testing facility between it and said highway.